Circuit training is a form of body conditioning, or resistance training, using high-intensity aerobics.
- It targets strength building and muscular endurance
- An exercise “circuit” is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program
- When one circuit is complete, one begins the first exercise again for the next circuit
- Traditionally, the time between exercises in circuit training is short, often with rapid movement to the next exercise
- Traditional circuit training incorporates a rest period of typically less than 30 seconds.
- One has to understand that circuit training is designed to provide a happy medium between strength and aerobic training.
- Due to the short rest interval between sets, modest gains in aerobic capacity can be achieved.
So, Who Benefits from Circuit Training?
- Athletes that require a balance of both strength and cardiovascular endurance for their sport
- Fitness buffs with limited time to exercise
- Anyone wishing to add variety to their training!
Circuit training classes (4 week sessions) 1x week $40, 2x week $80, 3x week $120